The municipality of Padada was created by virtue of Executive Order No. 236 issued by President Elpidio Quirino on July 1, 1949. This municipality was formally inaugurated on July 15, 1949 with Antonio Go Pace, Sr. as the first appointed mayor. The town derived its name from a big Padada tree which grew at the present site of Guihing Central Elementary School, the original site of sitio Padada. The place was named by the late Mr. Walstorm, an American proprietor of the vast coconut plantation caleed Mindanao Estates Co. in Guihing and the efforts of the late Don Bartolome Hernandez, Sr. , a coconut planter and pioneer of the place. It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Hgaonoy, on the east by Davao Gulf, on the south by municipality of the Sulop and on the west by the municipalities of Kiblawan and Sulop.