ADVISORY No. 2020-02
TO: ALL PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT HEADS, MUNICIPAL MAYORS, ALL MUNICIPAL/CITY HEALTH OFFICES, ALL HOSPITALS AND CLINICS, PORTS AND SEAPORTS, PRIVATE INDUSTRIES, ALL PUNONG
BARANGAYS, GENERAL PUBLIC AND ALL OTHER CONCERNED
SUBJECT: REITERATION ON THE PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE TO COVID-2019
The Department of Health and The World Health Organization declared the new coronavirus as a global health emergency.
In line with this, The Provincial Government of Davao del Sur hereby advise the concerned on the following:
1. Strengthen Surveillance and MONITORING OF SYMPTOMS OF COVID-2019
INFECTION USING THE DECISION TOOL FOR 2019 NCOV ASSESSMENT for Bureau of Quarantine, Hospitals and Municipal/ City Health Offices, as of January 30, 2020 as stated in DOH Department Memorandum no. 2020-0034.
2. HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS SHOULD IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY BOTH INFECTION CONTROL PERSONNEL AT THEIR HEALTH CARE FACILITY AND THEIR MUNICIPAL/CITY HEALTH UNITS IN THE EVENT OF PUI FOR COVID-2019, likewise community surveillance officers should alert the Epidemiology Bureau, DOH immediately.
3. Designated disease surveillance officers in hospital and other facilities shall be responsible for doing the PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT OF SUSPECTED CASES in their respective health facility.
4. Early recognition and immediate placement of patients in separate area from other patient is a critical measure for rapid identification and appropriate care for suspected COVID-2019 cases.
5. STRICT IMPLEMENTATION OF 14 DAYS SELF-QUARANTINE FOR ANYONE WHO CAME FROM OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD WITH CONFIRMED 2019-NCOV ARD INFECTION EXCEPT CHINA, HAS NO HISTORY OF EXPOSURE, BUT WITH FEVER AND/ OR COUGH, IS CONSIDERED PERSON UNDER MONITORING AND IS ADVISED TO GO ON SELF-QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS.
6. STRICT IMPLEMENTATION OF 14 DAYS SELF-QUARANTINE TO ALL WITH HISTORY OF TRAVEL TO MAINLAND CHINA, MACAU, HONG-KONG AND TAIWAN, WHO ARE WELL UPON ARRIVAL WITH NO SYMPTOMS OF COVID-2019 INFECTION, is considered Person under monitoring and is advised to go on self-quarantine for 14 days as stated in 2019-nCOV algorithm from the Office of the Secretary of DOH.
7. Ensure continues monitoring of Person under monitoring for 14 DAYS TWICE A DAY for development of symptoms or for progress of recovery using the PUM monitoring tool, then The Municipal/City Health Officer will issue a CERTIFICATE OF QUARANTINE completion.
8. Ensure Standard Precaution are observed, including hand and respiratory hygiene and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
9. Implement empiric additional precautions for suspected COVID-2019 infections, especially contact and droplet precautions and airborne precaution for aerosol generating procedures.
For strict compliance.