• Prepare forms, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation
matters for the signature of the governor or mayor, as the case may be;
• Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government unit;
• Assist the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearing;
• Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
• Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
• Coordinate with the treasurer, accountant, and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting.
• Assist the Sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local Government units;
• Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan; and
• Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
The Provincial Budget office aspires to promote and implement public expenditures management policies that will support Provincial Government’s Program in delivery of basic services and facilities by providing efficient and effective budgetary support services to the province of Davao Del Sur.
The Provincial Budget Office commits to Harmonize the prioritization of the programs, projects and activities proposed by all department of the entire Province and to promptly act on matters affecting Davao Del Sur’s Budgetary needs reduction and management to continuously transform the resiliency and adaptive capacity of the province with building back better principle.
We, the officials and employees of the Provincial Budget Office of Davao del Sur, hereby pledge our commitment to uphold the following organizational values and principles:
PROFESSIONALISM- Through providing efficient, effective budgetary support services in a prompt, timely and impartial manner, in order to ensure excellent delivery and implementation of the programs and projects of the Provincial Government for the genuine welfare of Davao del Sur and its people;
Clients who are within the premises of the office prior to the end of official working hours and during lunch break shall be catered and attended to.
INTEGRITY- through adherence to the highest ethical standards of honesty, probity and a sense of responsibility, and to establish Code of Ethics and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees.
EXCELLENCE- through upholding the value of competence and diligence and through ensuring strict compliance to laws, rules and regulations issued by competent authorities in the performance of PBO’s mandate, duties and functions;
PARTNERSHIP- through proper coordination and consultation with various offices within the organization and external stakeholders and clients, toward the attainment of the Provincial Government’s vision, mission and development goals.