The Provincial Government shall efficiently and effectively ensure and support, among
other things, the preservation and enrichment of culture, promote health and safety,
enhance the right of the people to a balanced ecology, encourage and support the
development of appropriate and self-reliant scientific and technological capabilities,
improve public morals, enhance economic prosperity and social justice, promote full
employment among their residents, maintain peace and order, and preserve the
comfort and convenience of their inhabitants.
The provincial community’s long term vision for the province, as expressed through its leadership in consultation with the stakeholders is to become “An agri-industrialized, commercial, eco-tourism and risk resilient province with a healthy ecosystems and managed natural resources that is socially and economically progressive in the fields of agriculture, fishery, forestry and tourism with a well-developed land and sea transport network; home of healthy, God-loving, empowered people, rich in cultural heritage and a strong commitment to the principles of social justice, democracy and good governance, all within the framework of sustainable development”.
For all stakeholders “to vigorously pursue for the social and economic upliftment of the standard of living of its constituents through effective collaboration with all stakeholders and sectors towards the attainment of the vision”.
The province uses the acronym I-HELP +++ as the development thrust. I-HELP +++ stands for infrastructure, health, education, livelihood, peace & order, environment, agriculture, tourism & social welfare development.
• Concreting of Farm-to-Market Road
• Construction/rehabilitation of water system
• Point-of-care facility
• Construction of additional classrooms
• Capability building
• Scholarship programs
• Training, Manpower & Livelihood
PEACE AND ORDER
• Community and school-based skills training and entrepreneurship development
• Provide mobility, fuel and logistical support
• Support to public attorney’s office.
• Strengthen disaster preparedness and mitigation in line with the national government Identification of geo-hazard & climate change impact prone areas
• Uplift quality production of quality breeder stocks thru artificial insemination services
• Bring science-based information and technology services in agriculture, forestry and natural resources sectors
• Give special importance on agribusiness marketing
• Construction of Warehouse with Solar Dryer
• Support Rural Farming Families Development Program (RFFDP)
• Increase the yield of high value crops and other crops through development projects Support/Construction/Concreting of irrigation canals for rice lands.
• Development of tourism potential areas (Agri-Farm Tourism, Cultural)
SOCIAL WELFARE DEVELOPMENT
•Empower and protect women’s rights and equality Day care center
• Support to federation of senior citizen
• Improve access to roads and other infrastructure facilities of identified production areas of priority crops/industries
• Intensify assistance to SMES for marketing promotion
• Implementation of industry clusters approach
We, the men and women of the Provincial Government of Davao del Sur, hereunto set our hands, declare our commitment to abide by the provisions of the DAVAO DEL SUR CITIZEN’S CHARTER and contribute our best skills and talents in upholding the principles of integrity, accountability, and transparency in the delivery of public service and ensure courtesy, promptness, and sufficiency in the same, as well as demonstrate efficiency and wisdom in the conduct and management of public affairs and property.
We hereby swear and pledge to serve with a badge of excellence. We commit to thrive in a culture of professionalism and competence in an enabling working environment. Our organization will strive to be pro-active and responsive to the everchanging needs of the times. We are committed to build empowered partnerships that would propel our development goals to fruition.