1. Supervise the personnel and staff of said office, formulate program implementation guidelines and rules and regulations for the operation of the said office for the approval of the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in order to assist him in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of a health services program geared to implementation of health-related projects and activities;
2. Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out activities to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to health services provided under Section 17 of this code;
3. Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with health programs and projects which the governor or mayor, is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this code;
4. In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the health officer shall:
(I) Formulate and implement policies, plans, programs and projects to promote the health of the people in the local government unit concerned;
(II) Advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, and the Sanggunian on matters pertaining to health;
(III) Execute and enforce all laws, ordinances and regulations relating to public health
(IV) Recommend to the Sanggunian, through the local health board, the passage of such ordinances as he may deem necessary for the preservation of public health;
(V) Recommend the prosecution of any violations of sanitary laws, ordinances or regulations;
(VI) Direct the sanitary inspection of all business establishments selling food items or providing accommodations such as hotels, motels, lodging houses, pensions houses, and the like, in accordance with the sanitation code;
(VII) Conduct health information campaigns and render health intelligence services
(VIII) Coordinate with other government agencies and non-governmental organizations involved in the promotion and delivery of health services; and (IX) In the case of the provincial health officer, exercise general supervision over health officers of component cities and municipalities; and
5. Be in the frontline of the delivery of health services, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities
Healthy and productive people of Davao del Sur.
To adopt an integrated and comprehensive approach to health development which shall
endeavour to make health services available to all people at affordable cost.
Pediatrics, Surgery, Dental, OB-GYN, Medicine, Animal Bite, Ophthalmology, Immunization
We, the officials and employees of the Davao del Sur Public Hospital pledge and commit to deliver quality public services as promised in the DSPH Citizen’s Charter. Specifically, we will: Serve with integrity. Be prompt and Timely. Display procedures, fees and charges. Provide adequate and accurate information. Be consistent in applying rules. Provide feedback mechanism. Be polite and courteous. Demonstrate sensitivity and appropriate behaviour and professionalism. Wear proper uniform and identification. Be available during office hours. Respond to complaints. Treat everyone equally.