Governor Marc Cagas first faced the COVID-19 problem on his first day in office
Governor Marc Cagas first faced the COVID-19 problem on his first day in office as the new governor of Davao del Sur. It was also one of the topics discussed at the meeting he convened with the selected department heads.
Among the topics discussed at the meeting were the following:
1. Establishment of additional COVID wards within the compound of Davao del Sur Provincial Hospital (DSPH)
2. Construction of additional COVID isolation facilities
3. Construction of dormitory for medical frontliners
4. Improvement of DSPH and Gregorio Matas District Hospital (GMDH)
5. Purchase of additional ambulance or patient transport vehicle
6. Repair of some defective DSPH equipment
7. Allocation of additional funds for free meals to medical frontliners
8. Finding ways to conduct more swab tests and make the result come out faster
9. Purchase of vaccine against COVID-19, etc.
“Let’s mourn later. Let this capitol run,” the governor said in his statement in front of capitol employees after the flag ceremony.
photos ct Sherwin Cesar Lpt